At Trail Ridge we look forward to the positive changes taking place as we begin to re-open our community. As always our goal is to provide the best possible care in an environment that is safe for residents, families, friends and staff.
As changes take place, please be aware we must continue to follow many existing COVID-19 related protocols and guidelines set by Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), along with State and local departments of health.
ABHM and Trail Ridge encourages all residents and staff to get vaccinated and help end the spread of COVID-19. To administer the vaccinations we worked closely with local pharmacies to host convenient onsite vaccination clinics that enabled residents and staff to easily receive a vaccination. As new residents and staff join our community, we will coordinate with local health departments, and our pharmacies to provide them with the opportunity to get a vaccination.
Following guidance from the CDC and State Health Officials we initiate Point Prevalence Testing whenever there is an outbreak on our campus.
The options for visitation are rapidly changing and determined by CMS, State and local health departments. These options vary from county to county and state to state. Visitors are asked to follow visitation guidelines when planning their visit.
Our goal is to reunite families and residents in the safest manner possible. To do so, we offer a number of options for visitors that include:
- Indoor visits
- Outdoor visits
- Essential and Compassionate caregiver
- Virtual visitation
Please contact Trail Ridge for specific visitation information.
Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
We are adhering to the CDC Core Principles listed below:
- Screening – We will continue to screenall who enter our community for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions about and observations of signs or symptoms). We will deny entry to those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days, regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status.
- Hand hygiene – We require everyone touse alcohol-based hand rub to clean hands before and after visitation.
- Face covering or mask – We requirea close fitting face mask covering mouth and nose.
- Social distancing – Keep a distance of at least six feet between persons while visiting the campus.
- Cleaning and disinfecting –Regularlysanitize frequently touched surfaces, high traffic areas and designated visitation areas after each visit.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – All individuals must useappropriate PPE.
- Effective resident segregation – Residents will remain in designated areas e.g., separate areas dedicated to COVID-19 care.
- Resident and staff testing – We will conduct testing as required by the CDC.
For the benefit of everyone we continue to keep our community sanitized by maintaining deep cleaning protocols recommended by the CDC. As an extra precaution we routinely clean all high-traffic areas throughout the community. This includes an increased use of cleaning equipment and greater number of handwashing stations and hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the community.
Moving to Trail Ridge
We’ve learned through this pandemic that a community setting offers many advantages to being isolated at home. We are coordinating safe tours and welcoming new residents at all levels of care. Call for more details.
LINKS TO TRUSTED RESOURCES FOR OFFICIAL UPDATES:
State Department of Health Resources:
South Dakota Department of Health
Trail Ridge Senior Living Community
Please click here for prior Trail Ridge Covid-19 updates.